Beautiful skin can have a subtle, yet remarkable influence on your appearance. Our Skin Rejuvenation and Laser Center provides a full range of skin care options to help our patients maintain a youthful, vibrant look. Our comprehensive, fully supervised programs are designed to help patients achieve and maintain healthy skin, as well as advanced treatments such as chemical peels and skin care products. Yelena Barksy, our licensed medical aesthetician, works carefully under the direction of Dr. Herbstman to develop a personalized beauty treatment plan to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
As with any other part of the body, maintaining healthy skin requires work, and we offer a host of safe, effective, and convenient skin care treatments that make it fun and easy to maintain a radiant complexion. The ultimate focus of each treatment is lasting skin health. Using both convenient take-home products and state-of-the-art, in-office treatments, we target skin conditions and aesthetic flaws.
About the SkinClinic
Each treatment at our skin clinic begins with a detailed skin analysis by Yelena. Using this information, she designs a customized beauty plan with a home care component to help patients maintain beautiful results.
We’re especially proud to offer Dr. Herbstman’s elegant, customized product line, as well as products from our favorite medical skin care brands.
- The Contemporary Peel: Suitable for all skin types and tones, this peel dramatically improves the overall health of skin without downtime.
- VI Peel: Suitable for all skin types and tones, this is a medium strength peel used to reverse sun damage, remove hyperpigmentation, and treat acne-prone skin.
- Lower Lid Eye Peel: Brightens and smoothes discolored, wrinkled skin beneath the eyes for a refreshed appearance.
- Hand and Back Peels: Undo the effects of damage and aging on these often-neglected areas for younger-looking features.
- CO2 Blast: This cryogenic therapy calms and exfoliates skin, and its antibacterial properties make it especially effective on acne-prone faces.
- Dermabrasion: By buffing away surface skin cells, dermabrasion can help you recover the radiant, youthful appearance of your skin.
- DermaSweep™: A form of microdermabrasion, DermaSweep gently vacuums away dead skin cells, revealing a glowing complexion without the discomfort of particle methods.
- Micropigmentation: This permanent cosmetic makeup uses hypoallergenic pigments and can effectively camouflage some scars.
- PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma): microneedling followed by micro-injection to address hair growth, wrinkles, acne scars, and so much more.
- Réjuvapen: Relying on the body’s natural healing mechanisms, Réjuvapen tightens loose skin and diminishes the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
- Ultherapy®: The only FDA approved micro-focused ultrasound energy. Ultherapy tightens, tones and lifts the skin of the lower face, neck and décolleté to smooth wrinkles and reduce sagging and laxity.
Visit our offices for advanced skin treatments designed to resolve stubborn skin conditions including:
In many patients, wrinkles and fine lines contribute to an appearance of age and fatigue. There are many ways to treat wrinkles, including a variety of in-office treatments and take-home skin care products. In many cases we use injectables such as BOTOX® Cosmetic, Restylane®, JUVÉDERM®, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, and Sculptra® Aesthetic to fill in wrinkles and replace volume that has been lost due to aging and environmental damage. When combined, these treatments are often referred to as a “liquid facelift.” We also offer the traditional surgical facelift and other plastic surgery procedures.
The specific treatment or combination of treatments that is most effective in each case depends on the underlying causes of the patient’s wrinkles.
Chronic acne often leaves behind scarring. Though many scars fade with time, some never disappear completely, giving the appearance of permanently uneven and pockmarked skin. Treatments including DermaSweep, Réjuvapen, Dermabrasion, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing that remove outer layers of skin can reduce or eliminate the appearance of acne scars, making the skin smoother and more even in tone.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin disease with an unknown cause. It is relatively common and may be mistaken for acne. Symptoms of rosacea include chronic redness, itching, swelling of the skin, small bumps, and broken blood vessels. We offer an effective skincare regimen that is approved by the National Rosacea Society to calm and improve tone and texture of the skin.
Patients who visit our skin rejuvenation center receives personalized care from our experienced medical aesthetician. Request a consultation online or contact our office in East Brunswick and Red Bank to get started.