When New Jersey men and women start to notice those pesky signs of aging every time they look at themselves in the mirror, they often get discouraged. How and when did this happen? It seems like just yesterday your face was nice and tight and smooth. Before you get too depressed, know there’s hope with Dr. Herbstman at the helm. With over 20 years of experience providing men and women with rejuvenated skin, he knows just what to do to help turn back the hands of time.
But wait – if you have a facelift, will everyone else be able to tell? We know this is a big concern for many men and women, so keep reading as we discuss the ins and outs of the facelift procedure and what you can realistically expect from your results.
Details On The Facelift Procedure
The medical term for a facelift is rhytidectomy, and it is a cosmetic surgery that is used to reduce the physical signs of aging in men and women. During your facelift, Dr. Herbstman can correct:
- Lost volume in your cheeks
- Deep lines and wrinkles around your mouth and nose
- Sagging skin that has left you with jowls and a turkey neck
When he removes the excess skin from your face, Dr. Herbstman can give his patients a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance with tighter and smoother skin. However, Dr. Herbstman is an experienced surgeon, and New Jersey patients will not leave his OR with that dreaded windblown look of years past. His goal is to provide his patients with natural-looking results so your family and peers will notice a change but won’t know you’ve had a facelift unless you tell them.
Will There Be Telltale Scars?
The scars are often the biggest concern for Dr. Herbstman’s patients. After all, every time your skin is cut, a scar will be left – it’s just a fact of life. But with his specialized approach, scarring will be minimal, and most of it will be hidden within your hairline, even if you have a lot of skin removed.
New Jersey men and women can expect to have one of the two following types of facelifts:
- A Traditional Facelift: With this type of facelift, Dr. Herbstman will create an incision that begins just in front of the ear and extends up into the hairline. From there he will continue down behind the ear, and the incision will end at the bottom of the ear, within the hairline. While this is a long incision, most of it is hidden within the hairline, and it gives Dr. Herbstman the access he needs to provide amazing results to his patients who require more skin removal and tightening.
- A Limited Facelift: For his patients who have only minimal loss of skin elasticity, Dr. Herbstman will create a series of small, short incisions within the hairline and behind the ear to perform this type of facelift. This approach allows his patients to heal more quickly and be left with minimal scarring.
Regardless of the type of incision, with Dr. Herbstman’s experience and precision, New Jersey men and women can expect to have results that are beautiful and natural with minimal visibility of scars. You’ll just look like a better, more refreshed version of yourself and no one has to know why.