While a facelift provides significant and lasting improvement, many New Jersey patients either do not need such extensive treatment or prefer to avoid the associated expense and recovery time. Dr. Herbstman and his team of skin care specialists offer the following alternatives, which can address some of the same concerns that a facelift is designed to correct:
- Ultherapy®: A proven safe and effective FDA approved non-surgical alternative to a facelift which tightens skin of the jawline, neck, and brow using ultrasound energy.
- Injectable treatments: New Jersey patients who want to avoid surgery altogether have many effective options including BOTOX® Cosmetic and injectable fillers like Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® XC.
- Skin care options: Contemporary Plastic Surgery provides a host of prescription-only skin care products and non-invasive skin treatments that can help you look refreshed and vibrant.
- Broad Band Light (BBL): FDA approved light based energy system to treat fine lines, wrinkles as well as eliminating red blotchy areas and pigmentation irregularities with no downtime.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): Regenerates aging, sun-damaged tissues utilizing growth factors present in patient’s own blood serum.
Dr. Herbstman spends significant time in consultation with patients to help them decide whether facelift or another approach is most likely to achieve the results that they want. In general, a facelift offers the most significant and long-lasting improvement among options for the mid-to-lower face. Factors such as longevity, effect, need, cost, convenience, and recovery all may play a role in a patient’s decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What cosmetic concerns will a facelift help correct?
Dr. Herbstman performs facelift surgery to help New Jersey patients:
- Delineate the jaw line for a more clean, youthful aesthetic contour.
- Eliminate excess fat and restore fullness to areas of need.
- Add definition to targeted facial features and soften other features that have become overly prominent.
- Removes excess skin to give the face a smoother, firmer, but natural appearance.
Will I need other facial treatments in combination with my facelift?
A facelift can significantly correct signs of aging, but most patients will benefit from additional treatments to achieve maximum improvement, or target other areas of concern. For example, certain deep creases and lines cannot be resolved with a facelift alone without pulling the skin so tautly that results appear unnatural. A better approach might be combining facelift with fat grafting and with BBL™ BroadBand Light and other treatments to resolve these problems directly.
During your initial consultation at our New Jersey offices, Dr. Herbstman will take the time to evaluate and analyze your features and develop an effective, holistic, treatment plan to achieve the type of results that you desire. In all cases patients benefit from a focus on healthy skin and techniques to help you achieve lasting improvement.
Will I still look like myself after a facelift?
Dr. Herbstman prioritizes natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing results that meet or exceed his patient’s expectations. After facelift surgery, you should look like a younger fresher version of yourself, and while these results will age gracefully, you should continue to look significantly more youthful even years down the road than you would have without treatment.
What can I do to maintain my results?
Dr. Herbstman and our staff advise patients to follow a proper skin care regimen to enhance and maintain the effects of their surgery. A variety of skin care and spa services, as well as other non-surgical interventions, are available through Contemporary Plastic Surgery. This portfolio includes skin peels, microdermabrasion, microneedling, and Ultherapy® treatment, each customized so that patients can enjoy the benefits of their procedure for years to come.
During your consultation, Dr. Herbstman will help you determine which procedure or treatment will most effectively address your needs. Give us a call at our practice in East Brunswick or Red Bank, New Jersey to request a consultation.