Meet Dr. Herbstman
Robert A. Herbstman, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon whose New Jersey practice has been built on providing an excellent experience for his many satisfied patients. For more than 20 years, Dr. Herbstman has centered his practice around his patients, taking the time to get to know each individual and understanding his or her personal aesthetic goals. He values this connection, and considers it key to developing a shared vision and a personalized treatment plan.
You'll see why so many people in New Jersey choose Dr. Herbstman as their plastic surgeon when you visit his practice in East Brunswick and Red Bank. To get started, request a consultation online or call us at (732) 254-1919 to schedule your consultation.
Providing Quality Care
Before entrusting your appearance and wellbeing to a plastic surgeon, it's important to make sure that he or she is exceptionally qualified. Dr. Herbstman's rigorous training and decades of experience enable him to create beautiful results while ensuring utmost patient safety.
Education & Training
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ - New Jersey Medical School University Hospital
- General Surgery Residency and Chief Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ - Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Medical Degree: University of Rochester, School of Medicine
Selected Professional Appointments & Affiliations
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Executive board member of the New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Certified Inspector of the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities
Making Patients Feel at Home
While Dr. Herbstman's qualifications instill confidence in his patients, his personality makes them feel at home. "My philosophy is to establish a connection with my patients," he says. "During a 45- to 60-minute consultation, I am able to learn each patient's expectations and goals, and what he or she wishes to accomplish from plastic surgery." Dr. Herbstman spends a great deal of time with his patients, educating them and allaying any fears or concerns. Patients describe him as very easy to talk to, caring, comforting, and highly professional.
In keeping with Dr. Herbstman's approachable personality, his entire team takes pleasure in providing patients with a quality experience. He says, "We enjoy providing hospitality to our patients. Customer satisfaction is what drives our practice. The whole team has that DNA."
"Did I consider another plastic surgery office? Yes, and I chose Dr. Herbstman because he made me feel at home! The attention was respectful and caring by everyone! I am very happy about my surgical result." -SL
Supporting Breast Cancer Patients
Dr. Herbstman and his staff provide breast cancer patients with genuine support and reassurance during a very emotional time. A recognized authority on breast reconstruction, Dr. Herbstman and his team strive to alleviate patients' concerns about what they'll look like after mastectomy or lumpectomy. For these women, that means one less thing to worry about in this very trying time.
"Fighting breast cancer was rough, but the team at Contemporary Plastic Surgery certainly made my diagnosis and treatment easier to handle." -review on RateMDs.com
Dr. Herbstman has been involved with Susan G. Komen® Race For the Cure for more than 14 years. He and his staff have built one of the largest community based teams in Central New Jersey. "Every year we get to know amazing women, and their families," he says. "Breast cancer survivors continue to join us in supporting the Susan G. Komen Foundation throughout their entire lives. It's rewarding for them and for me. I truly believe the organization makes a difference in peoples' lives." Dr. Herbstman and his staff make a difference in their patients' lives as well.
Read what our patients say about Dr. Herbstman at www.DrRobertHerbstmanReviews.com
Find Dr. Herbstman on Google +
Find Dr. Herbstman on Smart Beauty Guide