New Jersey men and women are falling more in love with dermal fillers every year. This non-surgical, anti-aging solution is an amazing cosmetic product that provides many people with smoother and tighter skin with no downtime, so the popularity of dermal fillers should come as no surprise. But, while dermal fillers don’t require any downtime, most patients do end up with minor swelling after receiving their filler. If this happens to you, don’t panic. There are ways to help reduce swelling after dermal fillers, and we are here to share them with you, so keep reading.
But First, What Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
Before you visit with Dr. Herbstman in his New Jersey office, it’s important that you have an idea about what dermal fillers actually do and what they can treat. As we mentioned above, dermal fillers are a perfect non-invasive solution for men and women who want to reduce the signs of aging, specifically on their face. But dermal fillers are not made of a magic potion and won’t fix everything. Dermal fillers can provide patients with:
- Fuller lips
- Enhanced cheekbones and temples
- Softer lines and wrinkles around the mouth, nose, and eyes
- Improvement of facial scars and acne scars
- A reduced appearance of dark shadows under the eyes
In order to maintain your results, you will need to continue seeing Dr. Herbstman for maintenance injections every 9-18 months as directed.
How To Reduce Swelling After Receiving Dermal Fillers
Because dermal fillers involve an injection under the skin, swelling will occur for every patient but will vary in severity depending on the location of the injections and the sensitivity of the patient’s skin. In order to reduce swelling after receiving dermal fillers, Dr. Herbstman recommends his New Jersey patients adhere to the following:
- Drink Plenty Of Liquids – Staying hydrated is one of the main ways patients can reduce swelling of any kind as it encourages extra fluid to leave the body more quickly.
- Keep Your Head Elevated – Dr. Herbstman recommends keeping your head elevated for at least four hours to reduce swelling after receiving your dermal filler injections.
- Do Not Squeeze Or Apply Pressure To Your Injection Sites – After Dr. Herbstman has performed your treatment, you should avoid pressing or squeezing the area as this could cause your filler to move under your skin and settle in an unwanted place.
- Apply Ice – While it’s not recommended that patients put much pressure on their injection sites, gently applying ice to the treated areas can help reduce swelling.
- Avoid Exercising – An increased heart rate will cause your injection sites to swell; therefore, Dr. Herbstman recommends his patients avoid exercising for 12-24 hours after their treatment.
- Avoid Wearing Hats – For New Jersey men and women who love to wear hats, it’s recommended you avoid this accessory for a few days after your dermal filler treatment, especially if you have filler placed in your forehead. The pressure caused by a hat can make filler move down the face and into the eyes, which would result in swelling of the eyelids. No one wants that!
Dr. Herbstman Is Here For You
If you’re ready to take on those bothersome signs of aging, call Dr. Herbstman at Contemporary Plastic Surgery today to schedule your initial consultation to learn more about how dermal fillers can help you.
Call any of his offices in New Jersey today at (732) 254-1919!